We allow service providers 30 days free membership to our platform. However, all members must satisfy applicable criteria within 7 days of membership in our community:
Licensing & Identity verification
It is a requirement that service providers be licensed by the appropriate trade & business licensing board or authority to offer services in the business area(s) they wish to be a member. On sign-up a service provider must provide their license number and license expiration date.
In applying for a license to conduct business in your city or state most boards and or authorities ask for due diligence information on business owners, principals and directors. We provide a quotations platform and other community derived information to assist you in soliciting free quotes and selecting a service provider, therefore, we do not require a police record.
Business/Company Annual Filings
All service professionals who are organized as a company or corporation should keep a copy of their most recent annual return filing or certificate of good standing from their local companies registry or respective authority to demonstrate they are in good standing in the city/state or country in which they are located in case a potential client requests it.
We work hard to screen and ensure we have trusted service professionals on our site, however, we do not give recommendations. The decision to hire a service provider for your project is ultimately up to you. We recommend certain steps before hiring a service provider:
1. Request to see a copy of the service provider's license or it's proof of renewal to verify it is current and compliant with all local, state or country laws.
2. If your project is risky or sizable then ask whether the service provider whether they are insured and bonded.
3. Ask service providers for customer references. You may also check their profiles to see ratings, reviews and recommendations to see what other consumers had to say about their work.
4. Be very suspicious of quotes that are substantially lower than their competitors.
5. Depending on your project, draft a simple contract setting out the services you require for your project.
6. Do not pay the cost of the entire project upfront (depending on the industry).
7. Keep all your documentation including quote, contract, invoices, copies of cheque payments, and progress photos.
Don't have time to manage an project ?
1. Tell us what you need done.
2. We get pros to quote on your project.
3. We help identify the right pros for you to save time.
4. We manage your project from start to finish.